Making a ReferralWe accept both victim and offender-initiated referrals. RJ could be suitable, if any of the below requirements apply to either party:
Consideration of Victim Requirements:
- Would they like to know why the offence took place?
- Would they like an explanation from the offender?
- Do they have questions that they would like answering by the offender?
- Would they like reassurance from the offender to satisfy themselves that the crime won’t happen again?
- Would they like an apology from the offender?
- Is there anything that they would like to say to the offender?
- Is there anything else that may assist them in their recovery?
Circumstance in which the Offender may wish to engage. Do they:
- Demonstrate remorse for committing the offence/causing the harm?
- Indicate that they would like to provide an explanation to the victim or a family member as to what happened or why it happened?
- Want to reassure the victim that the offence will not happen again?
- Want to offer an apology to the victim?